Monday, December 13, 2010

To Other Filmmakers Out There....

People often ask me about my time at Vancouver Film School, and I have to say it was one of the best and most challenging opportunities of my career. It far exceeded my expectations, and I learned more than you would think is humanly possible. Each individual in the class came from diverse backgrounds.... we had artists, engineers, lighters, modellers, etc sitting among us so our after hours learning from our classmates was just as vital to our success than the knowledge we gained from our instructors.

What I would encourage out of any student filmmaker to is be proud of all the little victories. What we accomplished in school is just a tiny little spark of the potential we have as animators and filmmakers. Go out and make more films. Work on building your craft and keep learning. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Have confidence in your art. Don’t be afraid to fail. The world needs your uniqueness, so go there and have fun experimenting. It could turn out to be an epic fail, however the innovation could snowball into creativity that far surpasses any expectations you had of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment